Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm Back!

I had mentioned earlier that I had some film in for processing. Well, I just got my two rolls of slide film from the processor! Overall I am very pleased with the results – in a way it is kind of a relief! Looking at the slides proved to me once again that I love this hobby and that I need to do it more often.

While I was going around taking the photos a lot of the techniques and technical know-how came back to me, but there are still things that I forgot or over-looked. If I can continue to shoot some film on a more regular basis, those things will hopefully be corrected as I practice.

I hope to have some of these slides scanned soon so that I can actually discuss them here, but that might be a few days before I can get those since I do not own a slide scanner. But in the meantime here are some initial comments that I have (I will try and scan some slides that demonstrate these and discuss them later).

Initial comments from Joshua Tree Slides:

  • Bracketing is a good idea!
  • Put some photos in sharp focus throughout
  • Look for things intruding into the frame
  • Meter entire scene (although not as bad a problem this time, I got lucky!)
  • Double check metering
  • For star trails, put something terrestrial into the photo
  • Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home